Ffos Las Racecourse
Ffos Las Racecourse,
T: 01554 811092
F: 01554 811037
Ffos Las has brought back top class racing to West Wales for the first time since 1937. You can find them at the heart of Carmarthenshire between the towns Llanelli and Carmarthen, and near the city of Swansea.
The 60 acre setting is magnificent. Ffos Las are surrounded by rolling hills and countryside and have views down the Gwendraeth Valley to Carmarthen Bay. It is almost impossible to believe that Ffos Las was the former site of the largest open cast coalmine in Europe.
The closer you get to the time of the first race, the busier the traffic will be so aim to arrive about an hour and a half before the first race. This will give you time to get to know the geography of the track and check out the racecourses facilities. The action will commence about half an hour before the advertised time of the first race, when the runners will be taken in the pre-parade ring to be saddled up.
- For the most direct route please follow your Sat Nav: SA17 4DE.
- the East
- Leave M4 at J48
- Joining the A4138 to Llanelli. Continue straight for approx 4miles, crossing 3 roundabouts and 1 set of lights.
- At the Trostre roundabout please follow the signs for A484 Llanelli Town Centre - 4th exit. Continue on the A484 for approx 1mile.
- At the roundabout take the 1st exit A484 and continue for 0.3miles
- At the roundabout take the 3rd exit A484
- Turn left onto Gelli-Onn/A484 Continue to follow A484
- Continue on the road for approx 400yards. Then turn right onto the B4309 (New Road).
- At the roundabout take the 1st exit on to the B4308 (Stradey Road)
- Continue for 3 miles approx, through Pen y Mynydd, then on to Trimsaran.
- Down through Trimsaran
- At mini roundabout take 2nd exit
- Ffos Las Racecourse is approx Â½ mile on right.
From the West Follow the A40 to Carmarthen, then the A484 to Llanelli and follow the Brown Signs